Christian education opportunities are available in many forms. Long-term classes on Sunday mornings at 9:30 & 11:00 enable participants to develop lasting relationships with other participants in the class.
- Seekers is an adult class which does in-depth studies of various books of the Bible, as well as topical studies, in a discussion group setting. They are currently studying the scripture passages being used in the worship service. Having the mind of Christ affects the way we value ourselves, others, and the world in which we live. Seekers meets Sundays at 9:30 am in the Social Room.
- Bereans Class is an adult Bible study class who search the scriptures together, seeking God's answers to the questions which we all have about life, relationships, Christian witness in the world, family, etc. They meet Sundays at 9:30 am in Rm 11.
- Faith Studies Class is an adult class that discusses topical studies from various authors using video, Bible readings, and discussion. This mixed-age adult class meets on Sundays at 11:00 am in Rm 11.
Short-term personal growth opportunities are also available at other times throughout the year and are scheduled by popular demand. Watch the Sunday bulletin, the monthly newsletter and this website for announcements of upcoming classes.
- Disciple I Bible Study groups are formed each year based on demand and meet weekly for 34 weeks. Disciple: Becoming Disciples Through Bible Study, an overview of the entire Bible, is a must for anyone desiring disciplined Bible study.
- Disciple II Bible Study groups meet in much the same format as Disciple I, however, it is a 32-week in-depth study of the Books of Genesis, Exodus, Luke and Acts. Disciple II is titled Disciple: Into the Word, Into the World. Disciple II members are graduates of Disciple I.
- Disciple III Bible Study, called Disciple: Remember Who You Are, is a 32-week study focusing on the Old Testament prophets and the New Testament letters of Paul.
- Christian Believer is a 30-week Bible study built around the central doctrines of our Christian faith. This study helps us to appreciate our hymnody, beliefs, sacraments, and church history in a much deeper way.
- Companions in Christ is a powerful small-group experience that builds spiritual practices, helping participants to open more fully to God and to one another. The first class in the series is a 28-week spiritual journey that draws participants into daily time with God with individual reading and reflection, then gathers them weekly with others in their faith community for deeper exploration. Subsequent, shorter-term classes in the series include The Way of Forgiveness, The Way of Blessedness, The Way of Grace and The Way of Prayer and most recently, The Way of Scripture.
- Walk to Emmaus is a 3-day spiritual enrichment experience designed to inspire, challenge, and equip local church members for Christian action.
It can be a life-changing experience as more and more of our members are discovering. Walks are held several times each year in the Dayton area. You are encouraged to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. Contact the church office for more information and an application or visit http://www.daytonemmaus.org or http://www.upperroom.org/Emmaus.